WordPress is a popular blogging platform and content management system, but it can also be used for powering e-commerce websites. Although its primary purpose is not e-commerce, there are a number of plugins and themes available that will allow you to use WordPress for your online store (some are free and some are premium).
Check out these posts too:
- Turn your WordPress blog into a news site
- Free High Quality WordPress Themes: 2010 Edition
- Top 30 WordPress Plugins that are actually useful!
- Getting Started With E-Commerce
- The proper way to block WordPress spam
- WordPress 3.0 “Thelonious” Released
- Three tips to protect your WordPress installation from Matt Cutts